Data Cat5 and other wiring

This is what we used to supply with every telephone on structured cabling ( patch able) installs. Phone plugs into that, that plugs into wall socket. 

If your having a dedicated cordless phone position ( base station ) then it seems a better idea to make that one a dedicated BT outlet and have done with it maybe?

19 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

If your having a dedicated cordless phone position ( base station ) then it seems a better idea to make that one a dedicated BT outlet and have done with it maybe?

Thats what is usually easier tbh - you can get face plates to make up BT sockets along side Ethernet and they are pennies. 

I was late last night so I mustn't be explaining things right, let me try again with a diagram

What is it:                  Virgin Media     A     CAT5e cable        Faceplate          B       My phone          

Socket/Plug type:      BT Socket       A      RJ45 Plug            RJ45 Socket    B      RJ11 socket

So at point B there is no problem, as a cable with a RJ45 socket on one end and RJ11 socket on the other sorts that out.

But at point A a cable with 2 plugs wont work, and the cable you linked to Nick is the wrong way round, I need something with a BT plug on one end and a RJ45 socket on the other.

I think this LINK will work but it uses a cable with a BT socket and RJ45 socket and then a RJ45 extender connector, I'm just wondering if there is something like what Nick linked to but with a BT plug and RJ45 socket

Edited by Calvinmiddle