First fix

vfrdave

Trying to sort out how much I still have to do before I let my plasters in.  Have no plumbing done as yet but wondering how much first fix needs done. House is a bungalow and all block walls not a stud in sight. I have 3 showers, a bath and basin with wall mounted taps so my thought is this is the only pipe that needs to go in now. How does this get done in plastic with no joints, do I end up with coils of pipe until later? BCO has already said he wants pipe work sandwiched in floor insulation but obviously I don't want plasters tramping over that constantly.

Am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Any pipework that needs to be tracked into the wall needs done. The hot and cold feed for your shower/ basin for example.

If you have any wall mounted basins and are hiding the waste in the wall then these need tracked in as well.

You have a joint in them as there ain't any other way round it. 

All the materials that you need to go onto the floor can wait till the plastering is done then the plumber can work his magic and you bury the pipes in the floor insulation and cover them over so it's ready for your finished floor.

From memory I had my 90 degree bend coming out of the wall and then put on a small 150mm sacrificial piece of straight waste and taped this over. This was just to protect the bend from getting filled with plaster droppings. 

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Why? I've never heard that before. 

Probably cause he is a bit of a dick, one of the plumbers I spoke with said he would do the same they might have been on the same job before. I guess you would go on sub floor and insulate hot pipes then put floor insulation around and on top?