Timber Frame Scaffolding

EdLyd

Hi,

Just got a practical question regarding scaffolding...

Scaffolding will be required to put up the timber frame and subsequently the roof covering. However, when it comes to building the outer skin, would my brickies need to work around the scaffolding that's already in place, or would it need to come down, then go back up again?

Any advice on this please. Thanks

Mine worked around what was there - not ideal but can be done.  Some drop it completely if theres a delay before brick work starts, then perhaps use tressles for a while and then get scaff back on site.  Ask your brickies.

Thanks, I'm in the early stages, toying between building via traditional brick/block or going Timber Frame - so just weighing up pro's/cons/costs. But yes, as you say, I think the answer lies with the brickie, but to take scaff down then put back up seems illogical/costly but from a practical point of view, obviously makes sense. Cheers

You can set up a Kwikstage on three sides to allow you to get the frame in then drop the remaining side in when you are done to allow the brickies to do the skin. Quicker and simpler than a trad scaffold.