Hebridean homes.

K78

Has anyone had experience with Hebridean homes?

https://www.hebrideanhomes.com/

I have to amend my original design due to groundwork issues, and the amended design layout would be very similar to one of their designs. Long and narrow. 

Their prices seem reasonable considering they include windows and doors. And it’s tempting to take the quick option over a concrete block cavity build, considering all the groundwork issues I’ve had. 

Watch out if Windows and doors are included they are half decent. I have seem some really basic soft wood windows supplied as standard.  If it matters to you, talk to them about upgrading to a decent quality well known make.

• Like 1

+1. Different timber frame company but we upgraded the internal doors, and sourced the windows and external doors ourselves as we didn't want what they were offering and they couldn't supply the windows we wanted with integral blinds. Upgraded the skirting, the staircase and the insulation too. Best to run down the full list of materials and ensure that you are happy with what's being proposed, and then ensure that for any replacements the increase in cost is appropriate. Should just be the difference in cost between what you want and what they are removing, We managed to get the cost of the upgrades down a bit via a bit of negotiation. Despite a couple of niggles around the delivery the timber frame company we used was pretty good, and it was great having the whole kit and fittings for each stage arriving in one hit. 

• Like 1

The windows are NorDan.

Most of the houses they have built are in the West Scottish isles and north Scotland. There is only one in England in the Lake District. 

It’s around £60k erected with all windows and doors. They offer internal joinery, kitchen and bathroom packs too but they’re pricey. 

10 minutes ago, K78 said:

The windows are NorDan.

Most of the houses they have built are in the West Scottish isles and north Scotland. There is only one in England in the Lake District. 

It’s around £60k erected with all windows and doors. They offer internal joinery, kitchen and bathroom packs too but they’re pricey. 

Nordan are quite reasonable.

I take it that does not include a blockwork skin for that price? and insulation?

Just now, ProDave said:

Nordan are quite reasonable.

I take it that does not include a blockwork skin for that price? and insulation?

Isulation is included as it’s sips ( they do a timber frame option for around £10k less) and the windows are a good size. I like DualChas architecture and the house would suit my site perfectly. 

I would clad the out side rather than add blockwork.

I don't have any particular insight but I'm well aware of the company and was tempted to go with them. I've ended up copying many of their ideas in my own build.

£60k seems cheap for a house but the internal work, founds, and services/access could add up to the same again.

• Like 1

Just looked at mine. Timber frame kit and windows / doors 75k (net cost of materials only). That was back in 2009. Didn’t include the blocks for the outside, or roof tiles, or foundations and countless other things. 

% of total build costs 22%. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crofter said:

I don't have any particular insight but I'm well aware of the company and was tempted to go with them. I've ended up copying many of their ideas in my own build.

£60k seems cheap for a house but the internal work, founds, and services/access could add up to the same again.

My foundations will be straightforward thank god. About the only thing on this site that will be. 

Ill do do the kitchen myself and the bathrooms with a bit of help. 

They offer this internal joinery pack for £9k.

D5C369F2-36B8-492F-A987-3C22D45FD4C5.png