Setting B&B beams on mortar??

Vijay

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Youll need one person mixing the slurry into a half full bucket, whilst you pour one. That'll take the ache out of backache. ;)  

A bit anyhoo :D  

Ever seen the film Multiplicity???? lol 

Actually got a mate helping me for 2 days next week so will get him on the mixer. Otherwise I'll just stick the radio on, zone out and just crack on with it :)

4 minutes ago, Vijay said:

I'll just stick the radio on, zone out and just crack on with it

Some BS survey once quoted "Music in the workplace saw an increase in productivity of ~13%", so the radio should therefore reduce your slab to around 153m2 ;)

2 minutes ago, Vijay said:

Didn't mean the full size ones lol I should have been clearer, meant the small handheld ones ;)

"Step away from the vibrating doo-dah".....Just pour and relax. Gravity, and the correct mix is your friend. ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Really struggled with getting the mix down the gaps today, had to get the mix incredibly wet and then it just about went down. I'm certain in places it wouldn't have filled the gaps

Relax it will not be an issue.  Add more cement and water, maybe with some plasticiser / washing up liquid.  Also, hose pipe over everything.  You could do nothing and it will still be OK.  Remember that most sites probably don't bother.