House with full planning/ thinking of buying

Hi all,

ive been looking for a plot for a while, a builder that I know is selling a plot with full planning, selling one and building the other himself.

i have attached the design for your comments, the problem I have is due to an expanded family I would like a 4th bedroom. My idea was to either turn the garage into a bedroom and en suite or the study into a bedroom and have the garage as a big study/play room

i was thinking I could put in a separate planing application at a later date for a single garage on the  boundary with other plot?

any ideas much appreciated.

Diolch

Dyfed

SHA-201-02 -Plot 1 -Proposed Plans and Elevations.pdf

SHA-201-04(B) -Site Layout Plan.pdf

File 24-03-18 19 49 36.jpeg

File 24-03-18 19 49 45.jpeg

• Like 1

Upon completion, he garage will be full of left over building materials that you'll hold on to 'just in case' , broken power tools, bikes too small for your kids and a tent you'll never use.

Well, that's my garage anyway.

Make it a room and put a shed at the bottom of the garden for cr@p.

6 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

Upon completion, he garage will be full of left over building materials that you'll hold on to 'just in case' , broken power tools, bikes too small for your kids and a tent you'll never use.

Well, that's my garage anyway.

That’s my house plus at least 2 of the rooms too :ph34r:

It's a very nice house - congrats! (and your architect really knows how to use Revit.)

Could the garage roof can't be same ridge height as the rest, increasing the size of the upper room?

Turning garage into a bedroom could be problematic -- access through utility doesn't feel very nice. How about making the garage ground floor a study, with loft bedroom above accessed via a spiral stair? Lots of storage in the eaves, so can knock out storage in bed 3, move the staircase over, and still have en-suite in bed 1.

Thanks for the comments all,

just looking at at the above option, moving the stairs over a bit would I guess be ok upstairs but I will loose a bit on the size of the kitchen dinner.

if I was to convert the garage to a fourth bedroom and en suite I would partition off the utility and so that I have a corridor/extended hallway into the 4th bedroom.

dont really mind the utility being a bit smaller, only need room for a sink, washing machine and table dryer really, would also move the back door to there and have a matching full height window in the 4th bedroom? So many possibilities!

moving the ridge height of the garage to the same level as the rest of the house would be much better, going to have an informal chat with the planning officer to see if their is any issues with that.

• Like 1