Shower Waste Sealing to Tray

I have used a thin smear of Fernox LS-X clear silicone based sealant on those seals for my McAlpine shower waste but I removed any excess from the visible side before it cured:-

https://www.screwfix.com/p/fernox-ls-x-leak-sealer-50ml/23614?tc=CT2&ds_kid=92700020969989289&ds_rl=1249799&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249484&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu_mSwJr52QIV6L_tCh1XXAcjEAQYASABEgL_p_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJ6Er8Ka-dkCFRES0wod0sIOCQ

Edited by MAB

• 6 years later...
On 19/03/2018 at 22:01, Nickfromwales said:

CT1 all the way. Silicone is not a very good product for this imo, and can skin over and lose adhesion from the underside of the tray. 

@Nickfromwales I've read your recommendations for sink wastes but can you confirm, you CT1 both the rubber and the top insert on shower and bath wastes ? 

What do you think of the BT1 product ?

Thanks

23 hours ago, Barnboy said:

@Nickfromwales I've read your recommendations for sink wastes but can you confirm, you CT1 both the rubber and the top insert on shower and bath wastes ? 

What do you think of the BT1 product ?

Thanks

The seat / face of where the rubber seal presses against, so on the trap, then put the rubber on, the seal again atop. 
You can’t go twisting these around or the rubber gets ejected. 
Take a bit of practice but always gets the results I need; 100’s of showers / wet rooms done over the last couple of decades (+) and not a single complaint or leak. 

On 11/06/2024 at 08:01, Barnboy said:

Thanks @Nickfromwales, I havent boarded rhe room below yet so can get to the trap from below to keep an eye on it whilst pouring a few buckets of water into the tray to make sure. 

Thank you

Always a good time to see if the downstairs ceilings stand any chance lol :)