Sewage drain shortcut under block & beam.

epsilonGreedy

I thought conventional logic about routing foul drainage mandated that soil pipes should take the shortest route through foundations to get outside of the foundation plan. My own rookie logic was that a fractured drain well inside the void under a suspended beam & block ground floor would spell disaster.

However one of the regular self build bloggers here illustrated their foul drain taking a shortcut under the whole house i.e. the foul drain effectively bisected the plan view of the house. Is this something only passive slabbers can entertain?

I ask because my house design has 3 toilets located at 12, 3 and 6 o'clock positions with the main drain heading way in an 11 o'clock direction. The external drainage plan could be simplified if the soil pipe for the 6 o'clock toilet could be routed under the whole house to join up at the 11 o'clock position.

What is this fractured drain you talk of. 

Your not not making it out of China. 

Plastic pipe in 3-6m lengths bedded in pea shingle, or concrete covered if close to vehicle traffic rarely leak, and if you get a weep it will only be very minor and would soak into the underlying soil. 

They dont tend to fracture sending Richard the third. Cascading around under your floor void. 

Panic not my good man. 

Edited by Russell griffiths