Coloured UPVC fascia & soffit

Leaway

Anyone had any experience of UPVC in RAL colours to match aluminium windows & guttering?

Undecided on fascia & soffet at the moment but someone suggested coloured UPVC as a cheap but effective alternative?

anyone used this before? can recommend suppliers for samples?

I have RAL7016 Velfac windows (just fitted - and OMG how heavy are they!) and RAL coloured steel guttering.

IMG_4441.jpg

We fitted black textured UPVC fascias and soffits, really against my better judgement, as I didn't really want to use UPVC.  Aluminium was just way above our budget, though, because of the big overhangs that were designed in to both reduce high sun angle solar gain and provide some rain protection for the cladding (which the overhang does very effectively). 

Now the black UPVC is fitted we're extremely please with it, it looks far less like plastic than the white stuff, to the extent that few guess that it is UPVC when first seeing it and often ask what we used.  I can't remember off the top of my head what brand we went for, but I'm sure that there are some offcuts out in the garage that still have the protective film on with the makers name, so I'll try and remember to take a look and post back here if I can find it.

On 6/25/2016 at 11:07, JSHarris said:

I can't remember off the top of my head what brand we went for, but I'm sure that there are some offcuts out in the garage that still have the protective film on with the makers name, so I'll try and remember to take a look and post back here if I can find it.

Did you make it out the garage Jeremy or got pinned under by the amount of 'spare's in there? I'm just looking to order fascia and soffit boards also, so if you did manage to get in (and out !)of the garage, then I'd also be grateful to know. Seems there is a lot of cr@p on the market and often difficult to tell online how good a product really is.

Leaway, slightly off topic, but can you tell be the length (height) of the rooflights shown in the picture. I have the same sort of figuration on my roof and the size specified by the architect I think is too big. Can you also tell me what rooms they are for? What manufacturer did you use? thanks

18 hours ago, JSHarris said:

I've just checked, and the 18mm thick stuff on the fascias is definitely Eurocell.  Note sure about the T&G stuff on the soffits, as I can't find any offcuts of that, but would guess it's the same.

Thanks Jeremy. You survived the garage then! Did you get your supply from a local merchant? Your black colour must have been their 'Black ash', correct? (http://www.eurocell.co.uk/homeowners/fascias-and-soffits/fascia-boards) I didn't want to have a painted woody appearance, but if it's passed your scrutiny, then I probably can't go too far wrong! Seems somewhat limited in their offerings though. I need 250mm wide vented soffit board but can only get that in black at 300mm, so I pay more and then slice off 50mm!!! I'll probably have to mix and match with other brands as long as the colour is the same.

• Like 1

Yes, it is the "black ash", but it doesn't look at all "woody", just very lightly textured, like planed timber, perhaps.  We didn't want a glossy finish, and this is sort of semi-matt, so doesn't shine or have reflections.  From ground level you can't see the texture, really. 

The soffit boards we have look like tongue and groove.  I didn't look closely as it was going up, so can't see whether it really is T&G or just looks like it.  We have a 500mm overhang on the gable, and the soffit under there looks seamless to me, which means they either supply wide boards or it really is just T&G sections.

5 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

Yes, it is the "black ash", but it doesn't look at all "woody", just very lightly textured, like planed timber, perhaps.  We didn't want a glossy finish, and this is sort of semi-matt, so doesn't shine or have reflections.  From ground level you can't see the texture, really. 

The soffit boards we have look like tongue and groove.  I didn't look closely as it was going up, so can't see whether it really is T&G or just looks like it.  We have a 500mm overhang on the gable, and the soffit under there looks seamless to me, which means they either supply wide boards or it really is just T&G sections.

Perfect! Sounds like what we are after. No reflections is what I am after too.

The stuff I have ripped down from my old place was T&G-like but is actually just one big sheet that resembles T&G, so I suspect the Eurocell will be the same. Funnily enough I'vd just read that the vented sheets are not for roofs above 15deg! Seems a bit strange...you'd think the air current coming down a roof internally would cope finding it' way through the vents whether 15deg or not.

• 4 weeks later...

stonemasons are suggesting soffit fit first so they can mortar the stone up to it. the stone used is sandstone from natural welsh stone, discovered its imported from Ireland but managed to convince the local council planning officer (phew).

• 4 weeks later...

Having visited my local Eurocell branch, I got the feeling that the rate of discount was based on the 'fit of your face' !

For the 150mm wide x 18mm thick black ash barge board I was quoted £27.89 per 5m length.

For the 250mm wide x 18mm thick black ash I was quoted £40.20 per 5m length.

Are these prices right?

26 minutes ago, PeterW said:

That's about list less 25%

Have you tried National Plastics..??

I was after the Black Ash mentioned by others previously in this thread.

I'll have a look at National Plastics and see if they do anything similar.

edit. Talked to National Plastics and their internet prices as cheaper than the local depot. However, they are £1.50 a length more expensive than Eurocell and can collect it myself, thus saving delivery charges.

Edited by Triassic