Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hi Im after practical, common-sense advice about working with my very tight budget
I live in a Victorian house  and am about to get a heat pump installed via the BUS grant to replace my old LPG boiler. My issue isn't the heating itself—it's the large outdoor steel casing that currently holds 4 LPG cylinders.
I have a traditional range cooker inside that uses the gas hobs. I  cannot afford to replace it like for like. I am considering downsizing to just 1 cylinder inside that  box to run the cooker.

Is it a stupid idea to just leave the casing exactly where it is, use it for 1 bottle, and het the heat pump installers to work round it? Will surveyors want me to remove the box, or can they easily just use a longer pipe run to stay clear of it? Do i just bit the bullet, get rid of cylinder and get a standard cooker? Just interested in your views.
 
 
 
Posted

Go down to 2 bottles, retaining the automatic changeover.  Just for the hob, it will be a year or more before one needs refilling.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...