Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I would dearly love to have a freestanding tap in the garden, but is it worth the effort required to stop it freezing.  But I hate taps on the wall.

 

Frostline taps have some self draining mechanism to stop them frosting up but still require a nearby valve in the ground.  If I need to put a valve in the ground then I may as well just install a regular free standing tap and then a drain valve in a nearby box to drain it in the autumn.

 

Bernard the builder is already rolling his eyes over this, what to do?

 

image.png.5ec6c727cefaed6e7b4de8aab7876f48.png 

Edited by Mr Blobby
Posted
1 minute ago, -rick- said:

 

And then insulate the pipe with the heating tape on the inside

 

Yes, that's how most were done. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Onoff said:

 

Hmm, I was thinking the self regulating PTC kind. Just looked at the link and this type is controlled by a thermostat. Might be a bit difficult with insulation then.

 

TLC seem to sell the self regulating kind on the same page, but then looks like you need to do the termination yourself which is a bit more involved than normal domestic electrics.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...