Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

Rather than having an inset stove we’re going to build the chimney breast out. We currently have a concrete flue that I’m hoping to knock through to and install a flexible flue liner within. Which I can then bring out into the room. 

 

Is it possible to attach the flexible flue liner directly onto the register plate as shown in this image I came across. Can’t see any regs regarding this.

 

Thanks 

IMG_7140.jpeg

IMG_7159.jpeg

Posted

That’s an awful lot of effort, have you considered an exposed twin wall flue? I chose this over a chimney as I prefer the simplicity and preserve the room volume. Also much better airflow around the stove.

Posted
8 hours ago, James94 said:

it possible to attach the flexible flue liner directly onto the register plate as shown in this image

Yes you can.  I would thoroughly recommend you get help from a local installer.  We did, we are lucky enough to have a really great guy who went through our design in detail in return for us buying all the bits from him.  I probably could have got the bits cheaper on t’internet but the difference was a small price to pay. 
 

Not sure you want to attach the liner directly to the register plate mind…

Posted
14 hours ago, Bonner said:

That’s an awful lot of effort, have you considered an exposed twin wall flue? I chose this over a chimney as I prefer the simplicity and preserve the room volume. Also much better airflow around the stove.

Sorry maybe didn’t make myself clear enough, I already have a chimney with a concrete flue liner already installed. So it would just be a case of knocking through to it and then inserting a flue liner, which I could then bring out into the living room

Posted

Couldn’t you join a twin wall flue to your chimney? Might not need a flue liner or chimney breast? Would need the advice of a HETA installer of course

Posted

I think it should be possible to have standard single wall black flue pipe into the chimney. 

 

Hetas installers will check the chimney is suitable for solid fuel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...