James94 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago Hi, Rather than having an inset stove we’re going to build the chimney breast out. We currently have a concrete flue that I’m hoping to knock through to and install a flexible flue liner within. Which I can then bring out into the room. Is it possible to attach the flexible flue liner directly onto the register plate as shown in this image I came across. Can’t see any regs regarding this. Thanks
Bonner Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago That’s an awful lot of effort, have you considered an exposed twin wall flue? I chose this over a chimney as I prefer the simplicity and preserve the room volume. Also much better airflow around the stove.
G and J Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 8 hours ago, James94 said: it possible to attach the flexible flue liner directly onto the register plate as shown in this image Yes you can. I would thoroughly recommend you get help from a local installer. We did, we are lucky enough to have a really great guy who went through our design in detail in return for us buying all the bits from him. I probably could have got the bits cheaper on t’internet but the difference was a small price to pay. Not sure you want to attach the liner directly to the register plate mind…
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now