Alwayslearning22 Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago 16 minutes ago, MPH243 said: You are not dumb, you got this far. @Nickfromwales was meaning loosen the nut against the tap a little this will allow it to spin, Then if you have the spanner handles close to each other so when doing up they close up the gap(kep fingers out of the gap it can hurt if it slips😂). You should not turn the pipe, then tighten nut to tap. Did the tap and all pipe work spin under the floor? As nick said get this connected and see if the other leaks. I tried that I got it as tight as I can get it. by god it was hard to do for some reason. It’s not leaking at the moment. Just seems alien to me that the olive isint compressed into the pipe. yes the pipe work did spin under the floor multiple times believe it or not when I was trying to tighten the nut. I assume this is bad?
MPH243 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago The brass that the olive is trying to compress into is harder than the olive so won't deform, it's normal. It may have a joint under the floor that is designed to spin hopefully. You will just have to keep checking for leaks. Is this a concrete or wood floor, if wood can you take any up to check it?
Alwayslearning22 Posted 59 minutes ago Author Posted 59 minutes ago 19 minutes ago, MPH243 said: The brass that the olive is trying to compress into is harder than the olive so won't deform, it's normal. It may have a joint under the floor that is designed to spin hopefully. You will just have to keep checking for leaks. Is this a concrete or wood floor, if wood can you take any up to check it? No it’s osb decked. It’s all in press fit. If that makes any difference? I haven’t noticed any leaks yet or random booster pump cycling.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now