Oak canopy

nod

I’m starting making the Green oak canopy up for the front of our house

im hoping to start installing it on Thursday If it ever stops raining

Im undecided weather to leave it untreated or treat it with something 

Ive seen one or two nice oak canopy’s on here and wondered what treatment if any have been used 

OSMO is very good. We treated our Sweet Chestnut cladding in December 2015 before it was installed. It has been in the weather for over 18 months and shows little signs of deterioration. I think it also contained a anti - fungicide. 

We use Osmo UV-Protection Oil 420 Clear Satin.  We applied two coats to both sides of the cladding - it was time consuming but worth it

Edited by HerbJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HerbJ said:

OSMO is very good. We treated our Sweet Chestnut cladding in December 2015 before it was installed. It has been in the weather for over 18 months and shows little signs of deterioration. I think it also contained a anti - fungicide. 

We use Osmo UV-Protection Oil 420 Clear Satin.  We applied two coats to both sides of the cladding - it was time consuming but worth it

1 hour ago, HerbJ said:

Thanks I will give that a try

we bought the green oak in with the intention of my the canopy up then fitting it the following day 

But it hasn’t stoped raining since before Christmas 

Not looking to good with 80 mph winds forecast