Bath waste below timber floor

peteypops

I'm designing the bathrooms for our new build and the bath we've picked is quite tall. The plumber will be providing the supply and waste to the point of access for me to fit the bathrooms to, so I want to get all the positioning right.

The baths we want are quite deep, (image A), so I'm looking to minimize the height they sit at. My first thought was to simply cut a hole in the floor and lower the p-trap into it (image B). I don;t like the idea of the p-trap being inaccessible without removing the bath. So an alternative is McAlpine do a top access bath waste which would allow a low arrangement (image C) while still having access to the trap from above.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Pete

untitled.png

We have two top access shower traps. They work great for us. 

I think building regs require a minimum depth of water seal in them and some shower traps on the market are a bit less. Not sure if this is an issue for bath traps as well.

I did similar.  Mcalpine top access trap with a click clack waste fitting.  Our bath sits in an enclosure so I did not want the common, but horrible waste that pops up when you turn the overflow fitting, too much inaccessible stuff to go wrong.

Our bath is above the utility room, so worst case in the case of something going wrong we could cut an access trap in the utility room ceiling.