Good Morning All, 

I'm new to the forum so if I'm asking this in the incorrect thread don't hesitate to let me know. 

Me and my Partner have been gifted a plot of land to build our dream home on and have currently got our plans going through the planning permission process. Although we are aware we can't get a detailed handle on costs until we have building regulations drawings, we have been trying to get a rough idea and have been visiting suppliers and looking into the things we are wanting in our home. 

We recently visited an MKM, in which we were really pleasantly surprised to learn that they supply everything we could possibly need for the build, start to finish. This is appealing to us as I'd imagine it will streamline the process and keep things a lot more straightforward. We were impressed by their kitchens/bathrooms and array of sustainable energy options (heat pumps etc). We were told by their staff (who were really helpful) that if we were to present them with the plans/building control drawings, we would be likely to see some good offers if we were to open an account with them and have them as our main supplier. 

Cost wise they seem to be very competitive. My questions are:

- Has anyone had any experience with MKM as a supplier?

- Does anyone know what sort of quality their products have? 

- Is my assumption that using one sole supplier makes the process more straightforward correct? 

Many Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Francis McAleavey said:

experience with MKM as a supplier?

We have a local depot and used them quite a bit. But I generally always priced checked. 

But some costs were very high, example - their decking boards were 3x the price I paid. Insulation I got elsewhere, way cheaper.

You have to shop around.

9 minutes ago, Francis McAleavey said:

Is my assumption that using one sole supplier makes the process more straightforward correct

Yes makes it straightforward, but not necessarily always good value.