Kitchen layout

Quick question.. I’m happy with the general layout of attached kitchen ( 4x3.1m) however the sink ( although facing the window is nice atheistic I wonder if it’s a bit too close to the hob and might be better on the run directly behind the hob? 
any thoughts? 

IMG_9891.jpeg

Assuming the hob is on a peninsular, it doesn’t look like there is room behind it? In any case, you wouldn’t want to walk round the other side to use the sink, it is in the best place under the window. Btw I would put the dishwasher closer to the sink, near the corner.

Just now, Bonner said:

Assuming the hob is on a peninsular, it doesn’t look like there is room behind it? In any case, you wouldn’t want to walk round the other side to use the sink, it is in the best place under the window. Btw I would put the dishwasher closer to the sink, near the corner.

I meant on the run next to the dishwasher and move the draw unit to the current sink area👍🏼

I think it is perfect under the window, not too close to the hob (ideal in fact). Personally, I would not want the sink under wall cupboards.

• Like 1

we have butler sink also, its possible - just- to fit the whole quooker setup (we have hot, fizzy, cold and filtered) under it with a little bit of butchery along with a waste disposal unit. Just dont look too hard at the cost ....

Saves wasting a nice corner unit pull out.

image.thumb.png.130ac56f717e0e7e635749d6f540d866.png

• Thanks 1

We have something similar in terms of distance, but in reverse, so to answer your specific question, I think it will be fine.

We have the dishwasher next to the sink, and the hob on the back run (with a bottle pull out for oils etc.) where you were considering moving the sink. A corner unit next to the dishwasher and under the hob has all the pans etc. that you'd use on the hob. Gives you a completely free peninsular work surface.

• Thanks 1

If there was no window, I'd move the sink to beside the dishwasher. Other than that, move dishwasher as others have said.

For the quooker stuff, I just cut out most of the base of our unit so the bottle sits on the ground. All fits in well.

• Thanks 1

It’s perfect in my opinion.

if that’s pan drawers next to the dishwasher, if not already planned, you could use them for commonly used crockery, as we do.  Means emptying dishwasher is quicker and easier.