Best construction method for sound proofed walls and roof

Hi I'm new here and am looking at opinions as to best construction materials and type for a house that is soundproofed from outside noise. 
We don't need to deal with aircraft noise or very heavy traffic this is more for background noise such as music in gardens and parties as well as loud birds in early morning and the occasional modified exhaust at 4am..
We are starting a build within the next year and are sensitive to external noises and since we have the opportunity would love the chance to build in the most effective way to deal with it.
Also we all play instruments and don't want to disturb anyone else.

I know from a look online that fibrous type insulation is best at noise reduction as are a mixture on heavy materials ( block and concrete ) and possibly an air gap. I think this rules out using wooden construction with solid insulation. I believe a brick cavity wall with fibrous insulation should achieve around 3x the sound attenuation level as SIPSs panels, chat gpt is saying STC for sips 40-45 db reduction while brick cavity 50-55 db . 
I have questions though on the implementation and know poor installation could bugger thing up, leaving gaps and holes in block work or not sealing every thing correctly so have questions and what method is likely to actually achieve the desired noise reduction in a practical sense not just in theory.

I believe windows would need to have expanding tapes seals for best soundproofing?

Anyone done any thing like the and can provide experience and practical advise?

A few people here have done thick wall timber frame and I beam roof, all with blown cellulose insulation.  Apparently really good at external sound attenuation, as well as thermal insulation.

There are 2 kinds of noise, airborne and impact.   You need to deal with both unless rumbling from traffic or bass guitars never happens. One needs soft stuff, the insulation. The other needs density. Eg masonry or plasterboard.

As you say, build quality is crucial, or noise gets through tiny flaws. 

The figures you see in sample wall specifications are for perfect construction with no joints or edges. It is not real life.

Timber is a possibility but needs attention. It relies on flexibility to break the continuity from outside to inside. Then plasterboard provides density. 

There is lots on this in buildhub already. The easiest way to search is to use Google.

Buildhub sound noise insulation. Etc

• Like 1

Woodcrete ICF is good, small windows triple glazed windows and an airtight build. The only place we hear outside noise is via the living room glazed wall.

The roof either dense mineral wool or cellulose, but really depends on the how you are doing the roof.

But if you need to open windows to cool the place down doesn't really matter what you do, outside noise will come in. So then you need Aircon as well.

Timber can work very well in tandem with blown cellulose because it fills all airpaths. Airpaths are critical. For instance it's very hard to get good soundproofing on an interior wall with a door no matter how you build it 

Cellulose is a relatively dense insulator too at about 60kg/m³ installed.  However insulation is a dear way of adding mass (although Rockwool et al will push this angle) Concrete blocks, plasterboard and OSB are all cheaper. 

Decoupling can be done by a cavity wall but you really need wet plaster with a masonry build for maximum airtighess vs the dreaded dot and dab. A masonry leaf on a timber frame will have the same effect. 

A layer of fluffy insulation somewhere is good too to stop sound "echoing" through the structure.  Mineral wool batts in a wall work well. Better than something like EPS beads. 

In truth though it's probably your windows and doors that are the weakest link. Get proper triple sealed triple glazed windows that are thermally broken. Install with a flexible seal to the external rainscreen and an airtight one to the continuous airtighess layer. Don't neglect to treat the windows jambs, sills and heads with care too. Add plenty mass in the shape of a thick layer of plasterboard and skim and ensure all connections to the frame are continuous and permanently flexible. 

Thanks for all the replies they are helpful already. Have not thought of Cellulose insulation will have a look into and see. Again not thought about mixed masonry and timber wall. I assume the masonry wall is on the outside?