Airtight tapes and insulation for passivhaus

Barny

Hi 

can anyone recommend ducting insulation and airtight tape brands / suppliers for a passivhaus? Ideally, cost effective ones?

Our architect has given brand names but I can’t find them for sale in this country. I think the world of insulation and tapes and moved on (EPS definitely has) but my architect is still using his little book for 5 years ago.

thanks

I use Pro Clima. I gather Siga are good too, though I have not used them. Before we left the EU I used to buy direct from Germany. The merchant I used decided they did not want all the import/export faff, but I believe some on here have found merchants in Germany who will supply and sort out the customs stuff.

Screenshot_2024-07-16-18-44-13-734_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.8392c4c1b908603e1493abe570994cc4.jpg

This is what we used. Don't know if they ship to the UK though. I was very impressed, better than the more expensive brands I bought. 

This one below looks similar but I have never tried it. Might be worth a punt on one roll to try. 

Screenshot_2024-07-16-18-42-40-398_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.7fd4eefed991689a3a477c2e0683e329.jpg

Paul sell the Zehnder ComfoPipe Plus insulated (43mm) EPP ducting.

It has 2.6x the insulation thickness and a better (lower thermal conductivity value) and is 2.5x the cost.

Your choice!

Ah, now that's interesting! It was Baunativ that I used, and in Mar 2020 I received the following e-mail:

"unfortunately, since Brexit, it is no longer possible to send goods to the UK. Our shipments are canceled by the parcel service.

You can also have the goods collected from us if you can find a parcel service that offers collection in Germany and delivery to the UK.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Baunativ GmbH"

I wonder what the 'mechanics' of it are now.

I have seen mention of another merchant on here, but I did not note the name.

I sometimes use a shipping service (myUS) to ship stuff from US to UK where the supplier can't be bothered to do the customs stuff etc. Works well, not cheap but you can consolidate several orders if you want to make it more cost-effective.

There are similar services from other countries.