Are things slowing down? The example of Hiring a Digga.

I needed to hire a digger (still not stopped blubbering about having had to sell mine) . I live close to a gaggle of hire shops (Morecambe and Lancaster) , so I did a Royal Progress round them all yesterday.

Better to look the guy in the eye to say stuff like

" You're charging how much for diesel? "

" Trying to charge me £40 for insurance eh?  At least Dick Turpin was honest enough to wear a mask"

" Hit me with the deposit charge again --- that was £500 wasn't it?  --- I'm just hiring one digger not three"

" Cleaning charge is how much -  just for reference show me the digger - because the last time I hired one  it arrived in sh1te order - and nobody whispered a word."

Taking me (with some pride) round his warehouse --- and here's the point --- the warehouse was full

And so were all the others. All the other providers had plenty of stock . @nod was right wasn't he about forecasting the down-turn ( can't find the thread just yet)

This time last year you couldn't get a digger for love nor money. Same with you?

Owner operators are falling over themselves to get work as many of them have machines on finance and that needs paying.

Which makes their rates cheaper than hire companies if you take into consideration insurance, delivery, diesel, and speed and knowledge of the operator.

10 minutes ago, twice round the block said:

Owner operators are falling over themselves to get work as many of them have machines on finance and that needs paying.

Which makes their rates cheaper than hire companies if you take into consideration insurance, delivery, diesel, and speed and knowledge of the operator.

Totally agree.

Lots around on facebook or local word of mouth