Drill hole in Screed to Investigate Damp Underneath

Hi, I believe some water got down below the screed and is trapped between the slab and screed where the insulation is.  A bad smell comes up around where the soil pipes go through the screed and I also believe around the edges of the screed and gets up behind the plasterboard and into the ceiling.

I'm planning on drilling a 6cm diameter hole down through the screed so I can check out if there is damp down there causing a bad smell.  If there is damp under the screed I plan to probably suck air through the hole to help dry it out.

Is there anything I should be careful of when drilling a 6cm diameter hole down through my screed ?

Thanks

Stephen

39 minutes ago, stevela said:

Hi, I believe some water got down below the screed and is trapped between the slab and screed where the insulation is.  A bad smell comes up around where the soil pipes go through the screed and I also believe around the edges of the screed and gets up behind the plasterboard and into the ceiling.

I'm planning on drilling a 6cm diameter hole down through the screed so I can check out if there is damp down there causing a bad smell.  If there is damp under the screed I plan to probably suck air through the hole to help dry it out.

Is there anything I should be careful of when drilling a 6cm diameter hole down through my screed ?

Thanks

Stephen

it would dry out. CCTV inspection of the drains first. Cheap endoscope camera on ebay