Shower tray not deep enough

Hi there

First time poster. Recently moved into a new house. The bathroom was renovated not so long ago. Unfortunately, it appears the shower tray is not deep enough so water comes out of the front when you shower 

Does anyone have any solutions to stop this without installing a whole new shower? 

I was thinking that you could potentially install a bar around the front to keep water inside the glassed error but can’t find anything like this when I have googled it?

Thanks in advance 

IMG_7853.jpeg

That's not a "shower tray" it's a wet room.  So the shower area will have some type of former to give it the slope to the drain built into the floor then the tiles are applied.  There will (should) be some form of tanking under the tiles and at least part way up the walls.

Usually the whole room is done as a wet room, not just the shower area.  So some water getting outside the shower area is not an issue.  We use a squeegee on a pole to sweep up any escaped water afterwards.

Some will inevitably splash off you as you shower, there is nothing you can do about that.  But if the shower area is filling up and you are standing in a puddle as you shower, then the shower drain / trap needs clearing out.  It should be a top access trap, start by lifting the grid off the top of the drain and investigate. 

Thanks Dave re no shower tray. 

Yes I have lifted it up and cleared blockages and that helped somewhat. I think it’s more that the tile slope is not deep enough so water runs everywhere. 

A squeegee on a pole sounds like a good solution.