Three button cisterns…

A few days ago J and I visited a high end kitchen and bathrooms showroom.  The kind of place that should send out a defibrillator with every quote, just in case.  

Beautiful stuff, and we may well buy some stuff from them, but that won’t include the RobboBog.

They proudly showed how, when one enters the bathroom, it automatically detects the presence of a potential user and opens the lid, lifts the seat, turns the mood lighting on and does a micro flush.

I think the light is partly to help one find the remote control (you mean your potty doesn’t have one?  Scandalous!).  This remote sets off the water jets on the power wash for your bum, setting temperature and pressure, (please remain seated for the complete performance or have a floor mop ready) thence setting off the warm air drying cycle.  It’s a wonderful demonstration of, in my opinion, how not every new idea is a good one.

However, in even the most bonkers scheme a germ of a good idea could be lurking, and in this case it’s the micro flush, which does make the pan rather more teflon.  

The concealed cisterns I’m looking at have two buttons, a little wee flush and a big jobs flush. Does anyone know of a system with a manual micro flush third button.  (Could we fund buildhub for decades by designing and patenting it?). 

5 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Think you have too much time on your hands.

It is a Sunday….

But if only I could get on with the build….

You can never do enough planning for your build.

Looked at your house it looks a great layout for a cascade MVHR system, look into that and plan a design, Fresh-R, blumartin, good source of information on how the layout works, so is passivhaus institute. You can do it with any MVHR unit.

You can never do enough planning for your build.

Whilst I agree with you in principle I am a bit obsessive so I can maybe take this too far…

Looked at your house it looks a great layout for a cascade MVHR system, look into that and plan a design, Fresh-R, blumartin, good source of information on how the layout works, so is passivhaus institute. You can do it with any MVHR unit.

Ta for the steer.  Will read up on what a cascade system is, then consult those references.

But we are still not having a RobboBog.

16 minutes ago, G and J said:

But we are still not having a RobboBog

If you need a remote for a toilet, shower or bath or to replace a light switch, the words "more money than sense", come to mind.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

If you need a remote for a toilet, shower or bath or to replace a light switch, the words "more money than sense", come to mind.

I can remember thinking that about house lighting and the early home automation stuff.   Years later here I am benefitting from hive control of a number of bulbs around the house as well as my heating system.  

But a toilet pan that opens it’s jaws like a waiting dragon as soon as I walk-in the room is just too much.

1 hour ago, G and J said:

Ta for the steer.  Will read up on what a cascade system is, then consult those references.

Interesting idea, and had such been available in 2006 would have been perfect for a full refurb we did in a small cottage in Norfolk.  

Gut feel is that a central ducted system will prove more suitable for us and our preferences.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, G and J said:

setting temperature and pressure,

About time.

Every combi boiler I know of has a slug of cold water, followed by a boiling one, then it settles down, till someone opens a tap.

All you need is 3 sheets of yesterdays newspaper, and they are to wipe your fingers clean with.

6 hours ago, G and J said:

kind of place that should send out a defibrillator with every quote, just in case.  

Does their colour white cost more than my colour white?

'Rich man sweatin' in a sauna bath

Poor boy scrubbin' in a tub

Me, I stay gritty up to my ears

Washin' in a bucket of mud'

Elton Bog, Bernie Tampon, Hercules, 1972.

Edited by SteamyTea

1 minute ago, SteamyTea said:

Every combi boiler I know of has a slug of cold water, followed by a boiling one, then it settles down, till someone opens a tap

Are you saying that RobboBog has a combi boiler built in? Wow.  Maybe it’s worth that many thousands then. 

11 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

More likely to have a police register built in.

Our very own @Pocster has designed his own hardware that uses a webcam to part automate all these processes.

As Transmission Vamp sang :

But you know that some things
Are best left never said