Stone resin shower tray issue - am I too picky

Stone resin shower tray with two outlets, manufactured so that if you have joists in the way you can switch outlet or use both in other circumstances.

The Outlet has a stone resin snot on it, am I being unreasonable in rejecting?  Technical support have confirmed with me that I might not be able to make a good seal on the trap.

It’s just I’ve had 2 attempted deliveries of replacements showing the same issue, so I’ve started wondering if maybe I’m the problem not the tray🤣

IMG_3705.jpeg

Well it’s stuck/bonded fast and yes I could take a sharp chisel to it, but, if i damage the tray, tech support have told me that it’s on me and 350 notes in the skip.

8 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

tech support have told me that it’s on me

so get it changed. If it was easy to correct and they cared to do quality control, then it would have been wiped or chipped off at source. Hence presumably it is a highish risk.

How thick is it?

33 minutes ago, nod said:

YES

Is this yes, its a faulty  product or yes take the risk and chip it off, or yes, use it and find out too late if it leaks ?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

How thick is it?

one to two mm at worst.

hopefully another replacement coming tomorrow.  Fingers crossed they have checked the stock before putting it on the wagon.

I'm just having one of those weeks on the build where nothing goes to plan, I just need to get a bit of perspective back.

2 hours ago, saveasteading said:

so get it changed. If it was easy to correct and they cared to do quality control, then it would have been wiped or chipped off at source. Hence presumably it is a highish risk.

How thick is it?

Is this yes, its a faulty  product or yes take the risk and chip it off, or yes, use it and find out too late if it leaks ?

I think your being picky 

Quick tap with a chisel 

Zero chance of damaging 

Ive a faulty one that I hit several time a with a lump hammer and made no impression 

Or send it back 

• Like 1