Need heating and hot water control suggestion

Still haven’t found a suitable plot to build new so bought a small farm in the meantime 🤔. Nicely refurb bungalow so not going to do anything too drastic but changes need to be made so looking for suggestions.

part electric UFH, not water unfortunately. Rest has rads. Boiler is oil fired. Hot water tank as photo.

short term, need now :-

need new controller for hot water and rads (oil boiler),

need programmable immersion controller,

To decide over next few month :-

have loads of south facing roof space to add PV

loads of outdoor space for ASHP etc.

IMG_4098.thumb.jpeg.545457f4741f4f4ae2c11578e474dcab.jpegIMG_4099.thumb.jpeg.f1d08a2a805d102bf1e7547e60932b69.jpeg

Would love some ideas and suggestions from you guys as heating and controls etc. is not my forte.

First loft insulation looks poor, improve that first.

Lag all pipes to and from cylinder, doesn't look to be inside heated envelope, so insulation should ideally be 25mm thick.

Interim immersion timer, just look on Screwfix or similar, plenty available. But you have an oil boiler why do you need to run the immersion?

If your looking to change to ASHP, just get something basic to do programming.

• Like 1

Cheers John, I asked vendor to leave the heating etc on and was then told the Honeywell controller is too complicated so they have been doing both heating and hot water manually.

looking at the photo it’s amazing what can be missed, yes it looks like all the uninsulated pipework is in a cold space 🙈.

give me foundations and structures anyday over faffing around with heating controls lol.

Post a picture of your controller.  Unless it is really ancient a replaceent should just fit on the same back plate with no wiring changes.