Labour Cost to lay Victorian tile

Hi,

I would like to get an idea how much the Labour cost of laying a Victorian tile on the path. First picture is the pattern that the customer wants. I can’t seem to attach the area where the tiles will be laid so I will post it separately. The total area is just under 13sqm and the steps will be tiled.

can someone please give me a rough idea for the Labour cost only? 

thank you 

IMG_0581.png

3 minutes ago, twice round the block said:

Wow.

There's some ground work and preparation to do there....

plus the original steps?.. All tiled?.

It will be similar from the attached photo 

IMG_0589.jpeg

But you've currently got a small tree growing in the garden, plus all the existing fence and concrete slabs would need removing.

You have to start from scratch with the base and groundwork.

Ceramic tiles are not permeable either.

You may want to look on London Stones website for some idea's and or get a PROPER landscaping company in to give you some idea's on what's feasible and some costings.

I just feel the cost of what your trying  to achieve with ceramic is not viable with all other work involved 

The slabs will be removed but the tree will have to stay unfortunately. The neighbour done theirs (please see attached)which we didnt think of asking for a ball park to do this side. 

IMG_0621.jpeg

There would be two days work to tile the steps alone £600 and perhaps a week for the rest £1500 Lots of prep work Everything up And level smooth concrete base 

7 hours ago, twice round the block said:

Surely 13 sqm is the whole of the frontage and not just steps and path, as per neighbouring property. ?

The 13 sqm is just the concrete part from the picture. The steps are also not included from the measurement. The other side of the front of the property will have to stay as it is because of the trees and plants. 

On nods basis of £1500 to lay the tiles, which I think is too cheap, you then have all the concrete to dig out, re hardcore, re compact, new concrete, new steps formed. 
thats another £3000, then the tiles. It’s a £6000 job at the least. 

also what’s under that stone slab, I bet it’s a manhole, so that needs a new lid and re bedding. 

Edited by Russell griffiths
  • Like 2

On 29/04/2024 at 08:01, Russell griffiths said:

On nods basis of £1500 to lay the tiles, which I think is too cheap, you then have all the concrete to dig out, re hardcore, re compact, new concrete, new steps formed. 
thats another £3000, then the tiles. It’s a £6000 job at the least. 

also what’s under that stone slab, I bet it’s a manhole, so that needs a new lid and re bedding. 

Thank you. We quoted the customer the amount of £1600 but she said it’s too expensive.