Oak worktops Northern Ireland suppliers?

OK so finishing up my kitchen plan at the mo. Costs are as ever a focus, and as much as I'll likely just be going to Howdens for the cabinets, doors, and standard worktops, I also need a 2m breakfast bar in something hardwood. I'm not convinced Howden's product is brilliant in price (or maybe even quality?).

Do the collective have any local recommendations for a 2m x 950 x 40mm butchers block? I see a couple of the GB suppliers are happy to courier and for almost reasonable money but would be worried that it's unlikely to arrive in good shape...

We have a butcher’s block oak worktop in the utility room. Got it from diy on-line kitchens. I have a feeling though they won’t sell you one without a kitchen. Howdens quoted me £6.5k for the utility room with a laminated worktop. I got the same result from diy online kitchens with the oak worktop for £2.6k. It wasn’t fantastically well packaged but arrived undamaged. 

B&Q sell oak worktops. The sample I looked at seemed ok. Not too dear either. But this was a while ago. 

Edited by Kelvin

27 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

We have an oak worktop and regret it. It stains black with water or with aluminium . Unless you keep it constantly re-oiled it is a problem. the stains go deep too and need to be scraped off with 1mm of wood.

What oil did you use? I used Osmo wood protector as the base coat which they recommend for wet areas and then 2 coats of Osmo clear. Not used it in anger yet but have spilled water on it and it’s fine so far. 

10 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

What oil did you use?

Danish Oil I think. Several coats. As was recommended.

I'm hoping for a miracle chemical that will bleach away the black.

Rhubarb sticks rubbed in was one recommendation and it does work  a bit.

A patient joiner for 3 days with scrapers was the only real solution,  but then it recurred.

to clarify, this won't be a worktop (as I refuse to have anything other than a risk-free cheapo laminate for the work areas) but instead a table area at the end of a peninsula.

6 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

a table area

OK so it won't get soaking wet, and will seldom if ever have aluminium pans laid on it. Also less need for vigorous scrubbing, so it might be ok.

Varnish will seal it of course but looks different to oil.