Can I claim for costs incurred after completion?

We are due to be signed off my building regs next week, as that is when our section Q planning expires. We still however have lots of work to do (flooring, kitchen)! Can we claim for VAT costs incurred after the  completion date, but before the 6 month time limit for the return? 

Yeah +1 to what everyone’s said.   Obviously if you claim stuff that doesn’t quite add up in terms of the stage you’re at / what’s on the plans it risks issues with your claim.  But if it’s the stuff like you say kitchen, or landscaping materials you should be ok.  I was a bit nervous about a lot of that so I got in a load of material i needed in asap and created my own little builders yard.   I got a temp habitation cert with a couple of cheap ikea kitchen units then fitted a proper kitchen afterwards. Claimed the proper kitchen but not the temp one.  

Wouldn’t do any harm to keep a photographic record of progress at the regs sign off so if they challenge something you can show it did in fact get installed at the house.

Agree with Connor put in a covering letter with explanation if anything that may be seen as potentially questionable.  I had a few things, did just that and it went through no probs.

• Like 1