Internal partition walls cost block work vs Stud

Hi, I'm looking at options for internal partition walls.

Does anybody have an idea about the costs per sqm (even with a large approx) of blocks vs stud walls when it comes to partition walls?

Ideally I'd like to have the partition walls to be as thin as possible to have more space. For blocks I'd use 65mm thin blocks and I'd be considering painting directly onto them to save money.

External walls will be built using ICF, how that would affect my choice?

Edited by MariaD

No idea on cost comparison, but stud walls are quick easy, double bottom rail single top rail, and the verticals at 600mm centres and noggins at 1200mm centres. All wiring in drilled holes in studs (3x2 non structural), 50mm insulation, plasterboard, done.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MariaD said:

Hi, I'm looking at options for internal partition walls.

Does anybody have an idea about the costs per sqm (even with a large approx) of blocks vs stud walls when it comes to partition walls?

Ideally I'd like to have the partition walls to be as thin as possible to have more space. For blocks I'd use 65mm thin blocks and I'd be considering painting directly onto them to save money.

External walls will be built using ICF, how that would affect my choice?

Bumped into the builder who built our house the other day and got talking about, amongst other things, the cost of building now compared to two years ago he said he is now £30 m2 for block work on a full build but that will include all materials, labour and scaffolding . 

A stud wall will be less expensive.

But lots of things to consider.

Speed , availability of trade to build it, finish of wall, services on the wall , acoustic performance, is it load bearing etc 

• Thanks 1

If you use a 50 mil metal stud You will be about  £18 m2 all in Upto a height of 2.4 for freestanding add 20% for any higher up-to 3000 freestanding 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, MariaD said:

.... blocks vs stud walls when it comes to partition walls?

Ideally I'd like to have the partition walls to be as thin as possible to have more space. For blocks I'd use 65mm thin blocks ...

We have both ICF and stud partitions. Consider the comparative cost of running services through both - during the build and in the future.

You know:  for the times that SWMBO flutters her eyelashes and announces that - after all this time of planning and thinking about it and living with it - she now wants [...xyz...] moving from there to to right over there.

Because -now-  it makes sense. 

Just thinking about it makes me need one of @Pocster's biscuits