Heat loss calcs, no 1st floor heating

Barnboy

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Yet Jeremy's spreadsheed is still calculating a June / July / August heat loss where nobody will be using any heating.

In fact you could invert those figures and use them for the cooling you might require..

Simon

59 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Another point about Jeremys spreadsheet.  The last part, where he inputs OAT data and predicts monthly heating requirement is flawed.  If I look at the figures I have, which still has the OAT data for where Jeremy lives which is a lot milder than here, it gives me monthly values way higher that reality.

In particular I find OAT of 10 degrees is a tipping point for us.  10 degrees or more and we don't need any heating at all.  Yet Jeremy's spreadsheed is still calculating a June / July / August heat loss where nobody will be using any heating.

I seem to remember that he ignored all solar gain, which would account for the differences.

6 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I seem to remember that he ignored all solar gain, which would account for the differences.

As far as I remember when I went to see him his conclusion was the local weather pattern in his valley was not measurable to be of use. Mind you most people here told me I would overheat with a 30m south facing conservatory which did not happen, yes a few days of Italian type weather (but that costs holiday money) .

Edited by joe90

5 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Yesterday, in London, the sun got to 48.01° above the horizon.

June 21 it will be at 61.93°, December 21 15.06°.

You may find that the height of summer is not so bad.

And I’ll have the external blinds automated by then too so as to reduce the impact of the solar gain.