Best construction for shower areas

Can I ask opinions and experiences please, i'm trying to decide on how best to construct shower areas.

Both showers will have Nuance shower panels, so what do I do underneath. Downstairs bathroom is blockwork walls and concrete floor, upstairs is studwork and 22mm Caberdek P5.

Option 1, Tile backer boards or aquapanel etc   

Option 2, green plasterboard and liquid tanking solution.  (what liquid would you recommend)

Thanks in advance 

If it's a wet-room - with tiles instead of a monolithic shower tray - then tank it. If you have movement joints between the floor and wall, then tank it with properly detailed joints. Otherwise no need.

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

If it's a wet-room - with tiles instead of a monolithic shower tray - then tank it. If you have movement joints between the floor and wall, then tank it with properly detailed joints. Otherwise no need.

Im fitting a low profile shower tray flush with floor, the Nuance shower panels will be sealed onto the shower tray.

The downstairs bathroom is concrete floor and block walls so no movement, the upstairs bathroom will also have a shower tray and is studwork but it’s screwed to the floor so I don’t expect movement. 

2 hours ago, Chanmenie said:

Im fitting a low profile shower tray flush with floor, the Nuance shower panels will be sealed onto the shower tray.

The downstairs bathroom is concrete floor and block walls so no movement, the upstairs bathroom will also have a shower tray and is studwork but it’s screwed to the floor so I don’t expect movement. 

Sounds like you're good to go :)