Is it ok for builder to leave pipes like this?

nmh

Finished major renovation on a Victorian semi. These pictures show the mains water pipe (new in blue and attached to new copper piping) and some of the new copper piping under the ground floor. Photos taken from stairs into cellar - so these are the lowest pipes in the house. Some are in 'hangers' - but some look to be unsupported - especially longer copper pipes. Is this ok? Or is this a very lazy builder causing me issues later down the track? Any help much appreciated.

IMG_9861.jpeg

IMG_9860.jpeg

IMG_9858.jpeg

ah man, thats not great... in the void its basically outside temperatures, pipes need lagging to stop freezing. Also supported to stop water hammer and generally good practice. A minor gripe that they have used a yellow talon which would indicate gas but thats the least of your worries there.
Heres a shot of mine that i did last winter but i think you know the answer to your own question im afraid 😞

shared image (6).jpg

Thanks for this - yes we can often hear some water hammer in the pipes above the kitchen ceiling for the bathroom up there - but they're now covered. 

Can this be remedied without pulling floors up?? 

im not entirely sure, you'll have to use a bit of improvisation. At the very least id clip that MDPE pipe to that concrete wall. If its a cellar and not exposed to the outside temperatures im sure it'll be fine freezing-wise but if thats unlagged heating pipes then its a really poor show. Its an awful job from an awful plumber im my opinion.

• Like 1