Accessible plumbing options with double ended bath

Good evening,

Planning our bathroom refit and would appreciate any advice people may have  for accessible plumbing options with a double ended bath. Bath will be against a wall on 2 sides, with bath panels on 2 other sides. 

Initial thoughts are to have the bath overflow facing the wall and fitting a grohe talentofill overflow, waste filler tap so we could pull the bath panel off and have access to the tap easily. Ideally I would like to add a shower head and thermostatic mixer to this setup and looking for any advice on how this can be achieved / mounted whilst still making everything easily accessible when things start going wrong.

Thanks. 

Markc,  thanks for the comment. This would make a nice clean aesthetic, how can it be wall mounted whilst also making the tap mixer accessible when things start go wrong to replace etc? 

We currently have a bath tap that's so boxed in we have to dismantle the whole bathroom to be able to access for a replacement and really hoping to avoid this scenario going forward. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

We also plan to have a double ended bath with central filler/waste, and I’ve been mulling this question myself - how to access for repair or replacement. We will have a separate shower cubicle. 
I will be sitting the filler/waste on the side opposite the wall, for access. 

For an over-bath shower, I don’t know your layout but could you build a freestanding low level false wall at one end of the bath with an access panel on the back, and attach a thermostatic mixer shower to the face of it? 

Omnibuswoman. Thanks for your reply. Have you spec'd the overflow filler tap yet? Was keen on the grohe talentofill, but then noticed it has to run through a separate shower diverter, which doesn't really fit with what we're trying to achieve. 

On 10/03/2024 at 22:45, Richini said:

Good evening,

Planning our bathroom refit and would appreciate any advice people may have  for accessible plumbing options with a double ended bath. Bath will be against a wall on 2 sides, with bath panels on 2 other sides. 

Initial thoughts are to have the bath overflow facing the wall and fitting a grohe talentofill overflow, waste filler tap so we could pull the bath panel off and have access to the tap easily. Ideally I would like to add a shower head and thermostatic mixer to this setup and looking for any advice on how this can be achieved / mounted whilst still making everything easily accessible when things start going wrong.

Thanks. 

Sorry - pressing all the wrong buttons.

Anyway that was a long double ender with a tiled surround. The taps were set for easy access and fed the spout placed so the water flow would be by ones knees so no scalding feet etc..

Can't say I liked it though - very difficult to get out.