Ground Protection Mats?

Anyone have some go to ground protection mats they use? For say <5T rather than properly heavy stuff.

Site is fairly slippery atm and I have a SPT rig making a mess right now and 'not knowing' how they will move to the next position.

Also why is hire for a day or two only slightly cheaper than buying the thing in the first place?

We used these for our carpark at work, they are great for slippery ground, but need to be filled with gravel so they bed in properly.

Not sure where you get them though

We ended up with loads from early in our build, as you say it's cheaper to buy and re-sell than hire for anything more than a few days.  Once we had them, we've kept them for the duration of our build as they've been absolutely brilliant.  Really useful to just throw them down whenever we end up with a muddy patch that's causing us problems.  As well as getting vehicles in an out, it helps just keep the site tidy in general as the routes between the site toilet and welfare etc. are all protected.

There are lots of different brands, I think ours have TurfMat printed on them but they're practically identical to the EuroMat ones you've linked above.  When comparing keep an eye on the thickness, and make sure they're HDPE not LDPE.  Note the EuroMats in your link above are 12mm HDPE, whilst cheaper EconoMat is LDPE.

Let me know if you need some, I have some we can sell if you're interested.