Heatpump advice

Based in Ireland new build with 206sqm underfloor and 300l UVC. Originally looking to install oil boiler but doing the maths if I can get a Heat Pump for the right price it could work out better. Plus much similar to install no mixers all 1 zone etc.

I hear of several people getting good deals off ebay. Are there certain brands to avoid, does sCOP vary much from 1 manufacturer to another?

For example I can source a BC15-012S/P locally for just over 1k. China Household 3.8~9.8kW Air to Water Heat Pump Water heater for Domestic Hot Water BC15-008S/P~020S/P Manufacturer and Supplier | O.S.B. (osbheatpump.com)

Need a sCOP of 2.6 to break even will current oil/electricity prices and I can buy all materials for approx €1500.

I got mine from eBay. It's a matter of doing your due diligence. Find the manual on line and as much technical data as you can. Do other manufacturers rebadge the unit (do a Google image search) you are looking at. Mine was from the original manufacturer, but was also rebadged by Viessmann.

You may not get a warranty. 

If you building to a half decent spec of house you should only need a small unit. Many retailers online are very competitive on pricing.

I’ve given the spec a quick look, didn’t see any sign of it being inverter driven.  Your neighbours will likely hate you if it’s not got an inverter driving the compressor - that’s what allows quiet low power operation most of the time, reserving full power for a cold snap.  Old design non inverter units clank when they start up, most annoying.  They’d start and stop a lot, so lots of clanking.

Single fixed output temperature, unit only advertised for HW production. It would probably take some bodging to make it work with space heating as well and the fixed output temperature would be too high for UFH.

And no mention of soft start or inverter so assume not.