First Big Pour Day

Well we had our big pour today...

Nervous all week. Had a big blowout on the corner...twice! Same corner, 4 blocks gone.

Others bits stayed up when I thought they wouldn't. 

Will have to do the other walls another day.

Learnt alot today. I would definitely recommend strap, brace and brace the corners again and again!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We are using Nudura but to be honest I'm sure it can happen with whatever system. 

Cheers for the words, the pump guy was superb today, I was really on the floor after weeks of ups and downs, he got me going and we got 2 big walls done and concreted a big gable window steel in, so managed to salvage some goodness

• Like 1

I used Polysteel, and although I didn't have a blow out, I did have one corner move a little which was rescued with big ratchet straps and more sheeting.  If I ever did another I would over brace the corners and lintels 

Edited by Nickfromwales
typo
  • Like 1

We did a basement in ICF a few years ago and had a blowout.  Luckily we could wedge some timber between the wall and the face of the excavation and the bulge was not visible as we did a metal stud wall inside.  Still, I don't like the thought that during the pour there is so much risk.

Did you not have on site support from the supplier?  If this was your first pour surely they or an experienced installer was overseeing?  If nothing else to get it signed off??

23 hours ago, FM2015 said:

Did you not have on site support from the supplier?  If this was your first pour surely they or an experienced installer was overseeing?  If nothing else to get it signed off??

yes we have had support but not on the day

13 minutes ago, WiltshireLink said:

yes, had the alignment in place but not on corners as per instructions 

Web 1 in one direction and web 4 in the other on internal corners.  First web on both sides for external corners although there's no hard and fast rule on external corners.

2 hours ago, FM2015 said:

Web 1 in one direction and web 4 in the other on internal corners.  First web on both sides for external corners although there's no hard and fast rule on external corners.

we went 3 and 4 on internal only as per nudura instructions 

14 minutes ago, WiltshireLink said:

we went 3 and 4 on internal only as per nudura instructions 

Not getting into an argument but the Nudura alignment system and access platform is designed to go on one and four so that you can board(3 board configuration)into the corners with both directions fully supported.  Obviously, if you didn't use the platform, it's a moot point but not sure why anyone would advise differently.

I know what it says in the manual and got over 100 pours under the belt.  Only trying to help for your next pour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FM2015 said:

Not getting into an argument but the Nudura alignment system and access platform is designed to go on one and four so that you can board(3 board configuration)into the corners with both directions fully supported.  Obviously, if you didn't use the platform, it's a moot point but not sure why anyone would advise differently.

I know what it says in the manual and got over 100 pours under the belt.  Only trying to help for your next pour.

Yes no I'm not contesting your point, just relaying what I did 👍

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FM2015 said:

I've just rewatched it and it definitely says 3 and 4...but then on the video shows your setup! I take your advice. Cheers

Edited by WiltshireLink
edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/03/2024 at 19:52, WiltshireLink said:

We are using Nudura but to be honest I'm sure it can happen with whatever system. 

Cheers for the words, the pump guy was superb today, I was really on the floor after weeks of ups and downs, he got me going and we got 2 big walls done and concreted a big gable window steel in, so managed to salvage some goodness

What Nudura Distributor did you use??