SBS Trade Sales Cease Trading

18 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Ask on TEF?

The founder SBS Dave sold the business some years ago, so it looks like the new owner has thrown the towel in.

That would be Ben King. Must be why he didn't answer my email a week or so ago. Nice enough bloke. My lad sorted out their DIN rail mounting blanks a while back. From the prototypes he 3D printed &  .stl/.stp file he did they had 10K injection moulded. Gave him a job reference too. 

Well I reckon that's me banned from the electrician forum. Just called that Richard the ninth a see you next Tuesday on the open forum. Power mad little turd.

• Sad 1

@ProDave do me a favour and post up on TEF I wish to be deleted or whatever from the forum. I've been banned for 3 months for "making it personal". When I think of the years I was on there and that upstart with a Napoleonic complex couldn't even pm me...

Back on thread...

I'm trying to hunt down a make of true DP switching, compact RCBOs, up to 40A with no fly leads. 

Anyone?

10 hours ago, Onoff said:

Just called that Richard the ninth a see you next Tuesday on the open forum

Do they not have a word filter.

I am going to join.

Who was Richard the Ninth?

I am off to do a morning Third.

40 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Something like this.

Double%20Pole%20(42)_500_500.jpg

Trouble is that's double width. "Compact" ones are only 18mm wide like a standard RCBO. 

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Trouble is that's double width. "Compact" ones are only 18mm wide like a standard RCBO. 

Right

Did SBS make their own or can you pull one a part and see who makes the guts?

Posted (edited)

It seems that the likes of Ali Express and Alibaba are awash with compact, no fly lead RCBOs very similar to what SBS were doing.

The older "tall" RCBOS generally used had fly leads, a blue neutral and cream (functional?) earth. The SBS compacts had neither. Just L&N at the top and L&N at the bottom. Good too that they were non polarised, didn't matter what was in/out. Also they were 6KA rated. They did an unusual 25A rated one which was nice and went up to 40A.

Not sure if you can get these in the UK:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004798334588.html?

Edited by Onoff