Aquabion removal -what should I expect from my plumber?

buenobear

Hi, I wanted a water softener as I am building in a hard water area. My plumber recommended an Aquabion instead. I took his advice but.... it's useless. Still loads of timescale and just as tenacious - not easily wipeable as he claimed. He has contacted the Aquabion rep and apparently passed on my details and I'm waiting for a reply. 

I'm a bit annoyed by his attitude. I payed £975 for him to supply and fit this homeopathic device that he recommended. Isn't it on him to remove it and give me a full refund? Or am I being unreasonable?

4 hours ago, Redbeard said:

I wonder if the company could choose to define the plumber (a business-person) as 'not a domestic customer'...

On the site, they promise the same guarantee for merchants and trades:

If your customer is not satisfied you can return the product within 365 days of your purchase for a full refund.

So it's up to the plumber to remove it and send it back

6 hours ago, buenobear said:

Isn't it on him to remove it and give me a full refund?

With the guarantee provided by the company, it seems it is on him.

If the product genuinely doesn't do what you were told it would do, then I think you're completely within your rights to ask him to come and remove it and he can get his money back from the manufacturer. He's currently just fobbing you off.

• Thanks 1