Hello from Hillingdon

sheelg

Hello  good people here,

I am a software programmer who has no prior experience of building anything. I was lucky to have found a ruined bungalow plot in Uxbridge that met 90% of the requirements for our ideal house.

Planning has been slow and painful but we did get permission to demolish and rebuild last March. My SO wanted a basement and some changes to the designs and here I am, still waiting for Hillingdon council to approve me to build.

I have been a long-time lurker here but, now that I am close to starting to build, I felt this is the right time to introduce myself and to thank everyone here who has been so helpful and takes out their time to help the newer self-builders. The wealth of information here is unparalleled.

I will be sharing the floor plans in the other thread – any inputs will be much appreciated. I would like to thank @Jenki and @ETC   who have shared a wealth of information and ideas through DM’s

We have a saying in IT: Beware of programmers who carry screw drivers with them. Well, this programmer has finally decided to pick a screw driver (and many other tools) and build something good with it.

Cheers,

G.

• Like 1

Welcome to THE self builders forum, there is lots of very good info and expertise here from people that have “been there done that”, from grafters to geeks. so bring on the questions and looking forward to your plans and aspirations