Insulating MVHR Ductwork in the loft

Hi All

i know this has been discussed previous and yes I would of LOVED a warm roof but I haven’t so i could do with some help/inspiration on insulating the MVHR duct work in the loft

i have attached a couple of pictures to show my install. The intake and exhaust ducts are double insulated using 2 lots of the foil insulation 

One issue I have if that the ducts have to come up close to the eaves of the roof so conscious I can’t just put 400mm Isover on as it will touch the felt…anything that I could sleeve say 1m or so?

In terms of all the other ducting and associated bits coming off the MVHR I was just going to cover in 400mm Isover spacesaver while making sure I could access the filters

Many Thanks

Jake 

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

I just wrapped the sides of the unit (the back is mounted on brick wall) in the foiled backed insulation. For the front I just used the same insulation but used Velcro to attach it so it’s removable for filter changes. 

I ran them under the loft insulation and built an insulated "room" in the loft for the MVHR unit, water manifolds and any other, lightweight, plant I may need (comms etc)

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7058.jpg

• 1 month later...

@richo106 I have couple questions as your installation seems similar to what I'm planning.

Why so many ducts are so close the eaves?

What vents do you have outside?

Is there no issue with mould/condensation when outlet from the unit go upwards? 

11 hours ago, gambo said:

@richo106 I have couple questions as your installation seems similar to what I'm planning.

Why so many ducts are so close the eaves?

What vents do you have outside?

Is there no issue with mould/condensation when outlet from the unit go upwards? 

Hi @gambo

Due to some awkward positioning of internal steel beams I had to run the majority of my downstairs ducting down a bedroom wall which I then studded off. Not ideal but this was the only way i could make it work

The cowls I have are:

https://masltd.com/product/helios-roof-terminal/

These were installed by my roofer (at least 1.5m apart and horizontally) and then I ducted to them

I questioned the supplier of the system and they were not concerned about mould/condensation, I only turned the system on last week so will just have to see how it goes

RoofVents.thumb.png.9c9c75f9ca02449eca2e9e0fe2f135e4.png