klargesterbio disk help

good afternoon, i am in central scotland and one condition of planning was to upgrade an existing septic tank in the area with a klargester biodisk, i have been phoning around and struggling to find someone to install it, does anyone know a good company to use im near perth, or is it difficult to install myself?

thanks

7 minutes ago, Amateur bob said:

good afternoon, i am in central scotland and one condition of planning was to upgrade an existing septic tank in the area with a klargester biodisk, i have been phoning around and struggling to find someone to install it, does anyone know a good company to use im near perth, or is it difficult to install myself?

thanks

how can planning specify a Klargester? are they getting kick-backs from Kingspan to promote their products? surely you would just need a sewage treatment plant that meets certain specifications of discharge which will open up the possibilities of different STPs for you.

3 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

how can planning specify a Klargester? are they getting kick-backs from Kingspan to promote their products? surely you would just need a sewage treatment plant that meets certain specifications of discharge which will open up the possibilities of different STPs for you.

well we specified in the planning we would use one as other makes i came across didnt quite reach the required emission reduction needed, most planing applications in the area specify them, council seem to like them

1 minute ago, Thorfun said:

how can planning specify a Klargester?

Yes, sound iffy to me, you just have to meet the spec required for a new instal (plus I would not have a biodisc as it has moving parts in the smelly stuff, air pump systems are far better IMO).