Which meter/tariff?

Hey there,so filling out the application form for the new connection. As I mentioned before there is a 3 phase pole at the rear of the garden and we have managed to secure it for the house. The intention being to futureproof it in terms of having electric cars eventually and microgeneration eventually (not putting up solar panels just yet).  The house is passive and just over 2000sqft we will obviously be using ventilation and an ASHP. So my question is, which meter or tariff? Should we get economy 7 for instance?

Also there will be 5 adults living in the house and we are doing 4 showers (ensuites) obviously all wont be in use at the same time but 2 or 3 could be easily. The electrician mentioned he would put the house on one phase for safety. I was just wondering how would that effect charging a car? I would love to be able to charge at 22kw.

Edited by CalvinHobbes
adding something

I doubt anyone makes a 22kW single phase charger, so that really tips it in favour of 3 phase.

But put all the house just on one phase, makes it easier to self use solar PV generation for example.

• Like 1