Shed / outbuilding insulation - Do I need a warrant?

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out whether the work I want to do requires a building warrant and this is proving a lot more difficult than expected. I contacted my local council (Moray, Scotland) and they want 66 quid before they will even speak to me!

I live in a stone cottage and it has a shed / outbuilding attached to it. Only access is from outside and it's about 9 square metres in size. The walls and floor are currently just the bare stone and it has a corrugated steel pitched roof. There is also already power in there. All I want to do is put in stud walls, insulation and a floating floor and use the space as a workshop. It won't be a habitable room. Does anyone know if this will require a building warrant?

Thanks!

I have no idea about Scotland regs but I can’t see any problem storing some timber, insulation and plasterboard around the inside of a shed, and occasionally doing some work in there.

• Like 1

Converted my garage to granny flat last year. Builder and architect told me I only needed warrant as I was putting water supply in there (already had electric) and changing to habitable space. If we'd not bothered with shower room and just floored and lined, no warrant needed. 

51 minutes ago, Gill said:

Converted my garage to granny flat last year. Builder and architect told me I only needed warrant as I was putting water supply in there (already had electric) and changing to habitable space. If we'd not bothered with shower room and just floored and lined, no warrant needed. 

Meant to add.... I'm in Glasgow so Scottish regs. 

I would just crack on. The only issue you will have, if at time of selling, the house you try to make out it's anymore than a shed. Call it a shed, no one will know or care if it's insulated.