vent axia kinetic plus b control panel(pcb)replacment

hi everyone im looking for instructions on changing the old control panel to the newer part number- 497808

vent axia have sent me the newer version as the original is now obsolete, however there is no instructions in the box and they are closed for xmas holidays. has anyone had experience of changing these over.  any info appreciated.

pcd.jpg

I say it needs instructions.  Pester them for the instructions.  While some of it might be obvious there are for instance 2 identical 3 pin connectors on the new board.  It may or may not matter if they are connected the wrong way, but I would prefer to know rather than hope.

Yeah as an electronics guy … I suggest asking for the whole unit to be replaced. It’s not your fault that they have completely redesigned the pcb with no thought to upward compatibility. The fact they have an ‘upgrade kit’ with all the adapter cables suggests a major design fault and that lots of these units are failing in the field. Or ask for you money back and buy a different brand.

15 hours ago, Andehh said:

How old is your unit? Mine was a like for like swap, all pokey yoke... But then I replaced a board within 6 months of the original throwing a wobbly.

my unit is 5 years old

OK in that case I would just 'follow my nose' matching up the connectors and yellow and green cable/pcb markings (see images below). 7 out of 8 seem pretty obvious - there's probably yellow and green marked on the other sockets on the unit too.

The only one I can't figure is the power cable - that might be more obvious to you with them in your hands.

Maybe photograph both ends (pcb & unit body connections) of the old set-up. And the new set-up before powering on and post here.

pcb.jpg

cables.jpg

Edited by Alan Ambrose

• 3 months later...
On 31/12/2023 at 10:53, stevew85 said:

hi everyone im looking for instructions on changing the old control panel to the newer part number- 497808

vent axia have sent me the newer version as the original is now obsolete, however there is no instructions in the box and they are closed for xmas holidays. has anyone had experience of changing these over.  any info appreciated.

pcd.jpg

Hi, my Vent Axia has recently given up too. I need to replace the PCB and after speaking to the tech support guys I know I need the updated PCB and patch cables. The guys said that the new PCB replaces both of the current boards. 

I can see that the power from the house goes directly from the isolator box to the green block at the bottom of the new PCB, and the majority of the patch cables seem pretty straight forward. The only cable I am not sure about is the cable that @Alan Ambrosehasn't circled, where does this go? And how does the control panel get connected up? 

Do you have any instructions or photos of your installation? 

Any help here is appreciated.