Water in heat recovery core playing tricks with humidity sensor?

Hi all, Brookvent air cycle 1.3, was working fine but I tried tweaking the humidity control down to clear the bathroom sooner and longer but I’ve noticed it randomly triggers and won’t go off boost, I thought it was because I’d lowered the humidity dial but I turned it up and it still does it

anyways…..

when I opened the unit up the core was full of water , there’s a tray in its design that holds 6mm of water in the lowest green part? I’m guessing that’s normal?

with the core removed if I empty a pint of water inside the unit it all runs away to the drain holes and Into the drain and doesn’t hold water anywhere so it definitely the core that’s holding the water and it’s got me thinking that’s what’s giving the false humidity readings? And setting the unit into boost?

well since yesterday and after emptying it hasn’t done it so I’m guessing it is that?

anyways I’m thinking of popping a 6mm hole in the green plastic tray at the base of the core itself? 

but thought I’d ask you guys first?

the unit has a bit of angle to carry water away so it’s not the drains it’s definitely the little green tray at base of core

not the best picture, but there’s 6 sides, 4 sides are airflow and top and bottom are a solid side to hold it all together, I’m planning a sneaky 6mm hole in centre of bottom tray just so that little tray can’t fill up? Or are the cores meant to have a little water in them for some reason?

god I hope that makes sense!

cheers

IMG_1493.jpeg

At this time of year they’ll always have some water in them, that’s not a problem.

check the level on your unit, and the manual to see how it should be installed, and check all 3 dimensions.

that heat recovery core is the same as mine and it drains just fine in my unit, it has a notch in one corner to drain out, so ensure you have this in the right location too.

I wouldn’t go drilling holes in this, asking for trouble!!

6 hours ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

At this time of year they’ll always have some water in them, that’s not a problem.

check the level on your unit, and the manual to see how it should be installed, and check all 3 dimensions.

that heat recovery core is the same as mine and it drains just fine in my unit, it has a notch in one corner to drain out, so ensure you have this in the right location too.

I wouldn’t go drilling holes in this, asking for trouble!!

Thanks, I’ll check for the notch tomorrow! 

• 3 months later...