Stove door leak

iMac23

Hi, I have replaced the rope on my stovax door but there is a gap on the top left hand side corner above handle. It should have closed it with 14mms new received_266273526428246.thumb.jpeg.8b758b3ae624863a8620084b81df549f.jpegrope but it's a fair leak? I tightened the hinges a turn of two but didn't help. Am I doing something wrong or is it warped? It doesn't look warped.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have exactly this issue too with my Stovax Stockton 5. Have you made any progress with yours? I replaced the rope yesterday (14mm, the appropriate size) and there’s a little bit of play when the door is closed, with the least tightly fitting region being the top left corner, over the handle. The handle feels loose, it doesn’t take effort to lock it like it used to. When investigating whether it was possible to adjust the handle, I noticed that replacement handle kits for sale have a spring, but I can’t see a spring on mine. Not sure if that’s relevant or not. The stove worked well enough, no smokey smells and the CO monitor remained silent.