HMRC announces 6 month deadline & digital option from 5th Dec 23

4 hours ago, Bonner said:

The rules are not clear to me but the implication is you can only claim for materials incorporated in the building. If a completion certificate has been issued, further purchases would appear to be out of scope. Happy to be corrected as I am going for completion shortly and planning to order a list of materials before the certificate is issued.

It really isn't clear. After posting here I went on the BuildHub guide and on there it seems to suggest otherwise. I think, to be on the safe side, I will buy everything pre completion cert.

For us its things like patio materials, tiles etc - things that are not needed to be finished for Building Control completion but would be allowable on the VAT reclaim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deancatherine09 said:

It really isn't clear. After posting here I went on the BuildHub guide and on there it seems to suggest otherwise. I think, to be on the safe side, I will buy everything pre completion cert.

For us its things like patio materials, tiles etc - things that are not needed to be finished for Building Control completion but would be allowable on the VAT reclaim.

I’m doing the same . Buy everything before the sign off / claim goes in . Just to be safe 

3 hours ago, Pocster said:

Actually looking at that template - I’ve almost got that apart from a seperate vat number column . Guess I’ll have to go through my 700 invoices and add it 🙄😊

Have a table of suppliers and VAT numbers and then use VLOOKUPS to automatically fill in the values. 

come on! I thought you were technical. 

4 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

Have a table of suppliers and VAT numbers and then use VLOOKUPS to automatically fill in the values. 

come on! I thought you were technical. 

I haven’t looked at this yet . When I said I’m near to vat claim ; ‘ near ‘ is quite wide …..

• Haha 1