Q1: Provide window and door spec showing PAS 24 compliance

hbooth

My building control are being incredibly picky, in my opinion, and are asking me to provide "window and door spec showing PAS 24 compliance. " I contacted the installers of my windows only to be told that the manufacturer has now closed down. The door company are still going so I am hoping to get some information from them but what can I do now about the windows? To me they seem perfectly adequate and I'm sure that they would pass the PAS 24 tests but I have nothing to certify to that effect. Can anyone help with what I should do. Last thing I need right now it to be ripping out windows and replacing them just to get a certificate of compliance.

Can you find a similar door or window which is PAS24 and is similar, provide that certificate to your building control officer while explaining that your manufacturer no longer exists.

I had an issue with a window being larger than the size that was PAS 24 certified by the manufacturer, and so in the strictest sense lacked PAS 24 compliance. I provided a copy of the PAS 24 certificate for the assessed size and explained the situation. My local-council's building control then said it was fine.

• Like 1