which trades, when and in what order

I thought i had a builder lined up to take my house from Weathertight( Sips construction from Potton Homes) to completion but i may have missed their window. They are very busy which hopefully means they are good.

So, if i now have to arrange trades on a one by one basis is there a preferred order. More importantly i guess, is there an order that would be a very bad idea?

Thanks in advance

keith

First fix joinery Studs casing’s windowboards etc Plumber Electrician 

Lease with Heat pump company if your having one MVR also 

Then pre plaster inspection 

Then dry liners Mist coat of paint 

Plumber electrician back

Tilers and second fix joiner back 

Doors arcs and Kitchen 

Good to go 

Thanks dude

Couple of questions.

I dont understand 'pre plaster inspection'.

# We are having MVHR, which i intend to run the trunking for. I also expect to do  much of the Airtightness tape work as well but dont want to get in the way of the first fix guys. Whats the convention here?

# UFH & screed after the studwork and before any of the first fix i guess ?

Also on the outside trades.

Upper storey is weatherboard on the gable ends and dormers, Bricks to the lower floor with a large external chimney stack.

Roof tiles will be done first of course and the glazing in.  So if the brickies are next when does the guttering and the Soffits/barge boards get done.

I suppose the Scaffolding stays in place  after the brickies ( perhaps with a drop change) so that the weatherboarding can get done.

The trades all know the form of course but if i have to schedule them i want to understand the conventions and best way to do this.

4 hours ago, Post and beam said:

I also expect to do  much of the Airtightness tape work as well but dont want to get in the way of the first fix guys.

4 hours ago, Post and beam said:

The trades all know the form of course

Are you sure they know the ‘form’ when it comes to the airtight detail? If you’re doing the taping yourself make a point of getting in the way of the first fix guys until you are sure they understand exactly what you require from them regarding airtight detail and the need to rectify any errors before they are hidden from view.  

18 hours ago, Post and beam said:

dont understand 'pre plaster inspection'.

In your letter from the council, they will list what inspection and what certificates are required. It is normal for a building control inspection, prior to plasterboarding, so they can inspect whatever they wish, prior to it being hidden for ever.